Welcome to Theta Kappa Chapter...
... and welcome to Seguin, Texas. Our city was settled in 1838 and named for Juan Nepomucemo Seguin, hero of the Texas Revolution.
Education has always been important in Seguin. The first schoolhouse was chartered in 1849 and built in 1850. Now St. James Catholic School, it is the oldest continuously used school building in the state of Texas.
Guadalupe College, an educational institution for African Americans was founded in 1884. Texas Lutheran College (now University) was founded in 1891, and moved to Seguin in 1912.
Theta Kappa Chapter was organized April 4, 1968. Originally, women educators from Guadalupe and Comal counties belonged to Alpha Theta Chapter. It was organized in New Braunfels on March 16, 1935 by Annie Webb Blanton and Mrs. Lalla M. Odom. By 1965 the chapter had begun to study the question of expansion.
On April 4, 1968, Alpha Theta sponsored the 202nd chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma, under the direction of Miss Eula Lee Carter, Alpha State Honorary Founder. Forty-eight members signed the charter of Theta Kappa Chapter as active members. Then Miss Carter conducted the ceremony installing the new officers of both chapters together.
Today, Theta Kappa Chapter has 50 members.